The second edition of the Brussels Biennale of Modern Architecture wants to highlight Brussels’ post-war architecture. The double title Modern isms are shaping the city / Modern isms are shaking the city indicates to what extent the Belgian capital underwent a metamorphosis after the Second World War: the historical urban fabric was replaced by large-scale infrastructure, office buildings and new types of housing.
Every Saturday of October the Brussels Biennale of Modern Architecture will organize guided interior tours and bike tours in Dutch, French and English. Specialists in architecture will guide you through different typologies:
– Sat 1 Oct / North-south train connection
– Sat 8 Oct / Office buildings
– Sat 15 Oct / University campuses
– Sat 22 Oct / Houses in Ganshoren and Laeken
– Sat 29 Oct / Houses in Flemish-Brabant
During the week we will organize one lecture and three film sessions to let you explore the history behind this young architectural heritage:
– Tue 4 Oct / Lecture by prof. Sven Sterken
– Tue 11 Oct / Short films on Brussels 1
– Tue 18 Oct / Film on the State Administration Centre
– Tue 25 Oct / Short films on Brussels 2
Check out our Info page for all practical information and how to get a discount when you’re younger than 26 years old.